The European transfer window is open. Click here to review all the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
Bayern prepare fresh Hudson-Odoi bid
Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich are refusing to accept defeat in their pursuit of Chelsea starlet Callum Hudson-Odoi, with the Daily Mail claiming the Germans are set to make a renewed bid for the winger.
The new proposal from Bayern is believed to be in the region of £45 million — a full £10m more than they offered at the backend of the January transfer window earlier this year.
Despite new Chelsea boss Frank Lampard declaring that Hudson-Odoi was a vital cog in his long-term plans at Stamford Bridge, Bayern haven’t been put off in their plans to make a fresh approach.
The Blues are willing to resist any advances while they remain under a transfer ban, but they run the risk of losing their prized youngster for a substantially lower fee if he agrees a pre-contract with Munich at the start of 2020.
09.40 BST: Neymar posted a video featuring himself in a Barcelona shirt on Instagram on Saturday, increasing speculation that he might return to his former club, but his public relations company said he would show up in Paris on Monday.
Neymar posted a video, showing a black-and-white image of himself in a shirt with the badge of Barcelona and a quote from the Bible.
The post led to reports about his intended message, with French newspaper L’Equipe saying: “Everyone will see in this ambiguous message a hidden announcement by the PSG striker of his return to his old club.”
But his public relations company, in a statement carried on Brazilian websites, said, “After these events he will show up normally on July 15 as PSG had been informed weeks ago.”
09.00 BST: Welcome to Sunday’s Transfer Talk live blog. A place where we are waiting for big moves to happen, and we may not be waiting too much longer.
On Saturday, Inter Milan sent striker Mauro Icardi home from their preseason camp in Switzerland and confirmed that he will not participate in their summer tour in Asia.
Meanwhile, Romelu Lukaku — who did not feature in Manchester United’s win against Perth Glory — told reporters “you will know something next week” amid links to Inter.
And that’s not all! Matthijs De Ligt — who has been linked with everyone from Barcelona to Manchester United this summer — was left out of Ajax’s preseason squad ahead of a reported move to Juventus.
Reds and Gunners head chase for Chalov
Liverpool have joined the race for CSKA Moscow striker Fedor Chalov, who has been tipped by many as the next big thing in Russian football.
The Mirror claims all of the Premier League’s “big six” are in the running for the 21-year-old, while clubs in Germany, France and Spain are also credited with an interest in the forward, who finished last season as the top goalscorer in the Russian Premier League.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is on the lookout for a striker after the Reds parted ways with Daniel Sturridge, but Chalov is believed to be concerned about a possible lack of playing time at Anfield, and could lean towards a switch elsewhere.
Arsenal are also keeping a close eye on the Russia international — and have been since early April, when he scored against the Gunners in their Europa League quarter-final.
Roma seek Suso switch
Serie A giants Roma and AC Milan have opened discussions over a possible deal for Rossoneri midfielder Suso, according to reports in Gazzetta dello Sport.
New Milan boss Marco Giampaolo is rumoured to be keen to dispense of the Spaniard, who he believes to be unsuitable for the style of play he wants to deliver at the San Siro.
Roma, on the other hand, see the former Liverpool youngster as a great fit for manager Paulo Fonseca’s 4-2-3-1 system that deploys a left-footed wide-right midfielder. Suso is believed to be biding his time to see if he has a future at Milan before making any decision on his next move.
The 25-year-old has a release clause in his contract of around €40 million, but Roma sporting director Gianluca Petrachi is said to have no intentions of paying the full fee.
- Marca claims Real Betis and Arsenal have joined Real Madrid in the race for highly-rated Las Palmas goalkeeper Josep Martinez. The 21-year-old will only be allowed to leave Gran Canaria if a potential suitor meets his €10 million release clause, with the player also believed to be happy to stay put.
– Reports in The Sun claim Burnley are lining up a double swoop for Genk duo Joakim Maehle and Ruslan Malinovskyi. Denmark Under-21 defender Maehle and 26-year-old Ukrainian midfielder Malinovskyi could be heading to the Turf Moor in a £19 million deal.
– Marseille are in the market for a new midfielder, and French outlet L’Equipe have linked them with a move for Nantes destroyer Valentin Rongier. Andre Villas-Boas’ side may have to dig deep to secure a deal for the 24-year-old, however, with the defensive midfielder under contract at Les Canaris until the summer of 2022.